Wednesday, November 3, 2010

US Emigration Rates...

It will be interesting to look at U.S. emigration flows as this slump goes on. To what extent is there a low level of 'brain drain' outflow in the U.S. , as has happened historically with developing countries. To what extent are educated potential immigrants dropping the U.S from their list, for whatever reason ? Certainly Canada seems like a more favored destination right now.

Since the U.S. government does not keep track of emigration - no need to historically - then what I believe will be an increasing phenomena will be mostly observed by anecdote.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Longish gattic comment posted here.

Sarah said...

I am unfortunately seriously starting to look at this option. Republicans want nothing more than unbridled greed to rule the country and Democrats are doing nothing to stop it. I see no future for my son in this country and I see no retirement possibilities in my future.